Moved to High camp today, back up the fixed lines, along the ridge and straight into a recently vacant campsite – the high walls Dave’s previous team had built offered great protection from the weather. I am acclimatising quite well – minor headaches – and the summit now feels close BUT the weather for the next few days is poor.
Today started with bad omens, Rodney finding it difficult to carry his pack and group gear up to the fixed lines, eventually Chris having to carry Rodney’s share – I am glad I’m not carrying Chris’s pack. The difficulties of leading a disparate bunch of ‘client’s in a hostile environment and ensuring we all keep moving forward must be a tough task but the Guides are doing an awesome task.High camp is in a great location, perched on the edge of a plateau overlooking rescue gully, 14 camp and out to Hunter/ Foraker. Waited for the ski party to ski Messner Couloir (see pic). Got cold waiting so missed the action unfortunately. Starting to really miss Libby and Carly but I know we’re well over halfway and with good weather another week should see us summit and traverse the mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment